Tuesday, August 7, 2007

You're never too old to learn.

I'm trying my hardest to believe that!! This "blog" stuff is so new to me, but I'll give it a go. My husband and I are within weeks of retiring, so this is going to become an obsession with me, I'll bet! Nothing like a new hobby! As if I needed another one. Presently I'm giving a class on painting fabric for clothing, wall hangings, quilting or anything else you'd like to do with it. I work part time (for 8 more weeks) at a fabric shop that also has the most awesome yarn and bead shop in it. So I'm stocking up now, preparing for a winter of needing things to do to keep me married. I know my husband will be pacing trying to figure out what he's supposed to be doing, (besides getting in my way!).
Here's a picture of one of the quilts I designed. It measures about 40" x 60" or so. I made it for display at the big Houston quilt show. I help Marjie McWilliams, of Fabric Designs.com, test the new Dylon dyes and dyed all the fabrics for this quilt with them. Marjie did a demonstration for Prim Dritz (makers of Dylon dyes). She hung my quilt in her booth along with one she did and Prim Dritz bought them both. This quilt is now hanging in the Board of Directors Room at their head office. I'm very proud of this one!


3 comments:

Rachael Kinnison said...

Im SO excited for you Mom!!! I know exactly the gorgeous stuff you make~ cant wait to go SHOPPIN myself! Dont forget your baskets!!!

Michelle said...

Congrats on your new blog!! Congrats on your quilt hanging in the Board of Directors room!!! That is such an honor! The quilt is beautiful!! Until I read your entry, I literally thought it was a painting!

Looking forward to seeing more of your work. Talent runs in your family. Your Rachael is a special lady with LOADS of talent. I can only dream of having one of her dolls someday.....

Blessings,
Tink

Lana Manis said...

Welcome to blogland! That quilt is absolutely beautiful ~ I see where Rach gets her talent!
I'm a friend of hers from The Primitive Gathering. It's so nice to "meet" you.

Lana