Monday, August 20, 2007

Finally up and running

Well, I finally got my computer back from the "Dr." Too bad there isn't a pill you can use to clear up wicked "viruses"!

Thank you Rachael, Michelle and Lana for your kind comments! Also, It's nice to meet you (Michelle and Lana), too. I read all your "Rachael" blogs. You know how a snoopy old Mom is! :-)

We just got back from a camping trip with our 3 Granddaughters that live close to us here in Washington. Good thing it was only for 2 days. The kids may not have survived "Grandma"! I find the older I get, the quieter I like it around me and 3 little girls ages 10, 9 and 7 just don't know the meaning of quiet! Maybe it's just that my mind is going and I can't remember what it was like to be that age (it was a REALLY long time ago for me!).

I'm sort of in the middle of things around here.Trying to get classes over with at the fabric shop (I've got one more to give, a fabric painting/dyeing class), get my husband and I "retired", and do all the fun stuff I want to get done! I did get one little project done, though.
Here's a couple of pictures of some silk ribbon I dyed for Rachael. Hope she can use them. I still have a roll of 1 inch and a roll of 3/4 inch ribbon I want to try some things on. She gets all my "experiments". :-)



I'm working on a felted purse that I may sell. Got to figure out how to do a store on ETSY first. That may be a while as I need to make up some things to put on there. Probably going to be hand dyed fabrics (cotton and silk), hand painted fabrics, baskets, felted purses and slippers, beaded bracelets and necklaces, and of coarse, quilts.

So, I guess this will do it for a while, at least until I get all my programs loaded back on to my computer. Hope everyone is enjoying the tail-end of Summer. It really feels like Fall here today!

No comments: