Thursday, October 4, 2007

Retirement




Well, retirement has set in, I think. The above is a picture of the "main retiree", my DH. I'm wondering if this is going to be a new natural pose for him, eating Bar-B Que! Seems like we've had the "Man's Staple of Life", Bar-B-Que, every day for the past week!! The guys at his work gave him a really nice "sending off" party at the local pub and so many people showed up to honor him. Actually 5 times MORE than expected. Our Son even got up for it, which was a BIG surprise for both of us!

They took up a collection and yesterday we went into Spokane to spend some of it getting his new pickup dueled off, (the pipes). Monday he'll spend the rest getting a new bed liner blown in. So he's as happy as a pig in you-know-what! We're now ready to get ready (for fishing). Going to spend a couple weeks on the Grande Ronde River in Southeastern Washington, steelhead fishing. We go every year but this year we don't have to come home in a week. We can stay as long as we want. Feels kind of strange.

My retirement didn't last long! I'm working Saturday for a couple hours to help out with the new help! Ha! Ha! I think my retirement won't be as abrupt as Larry's. I'll still go back to give quilting and fabric painting lessons and such. My work wasn't a necessity, just something to do to keep busy, so I'll probably still need to keep busy every now and then. :-) But at least now I can plan our "fun" first and if I'm around, choose to work if they need me.

So, now it's off to the grocery store to stock up for the trip. Got one week to get everything ready, then Watch Out Fish, here we come!!

No comments: